Amazon FreeTime Unlimited is a great option to think about if you’re a parent looking for a way to keep your kids entertained while also making sure they have access to educational and age-appropriate content. Amazon Kids+ is the new name for Amazon FreeTime Unlimited. Amazon rebranded the service in 2019 to better reflect the expanded selection of content and features that it offers. So, while there used to be a distinction between Amazon FreeTime and Amazon Kids+, they are now the same service. To clarify, Amazon Kids+ (formerly Amazon FreeTime Unlimited) is a subscription service that provides unlimited access to a wide selection of age-appropriate books, videos, games, and apps for children ages 3-12. The service includes premium content from popular brands like Disney, Nickelodeon, and Sesame Street, and allows parents to set up profiles for their children with age-appropriate content and parental controls. Kids+ is available on compatible Fire tablets, Fire TV, Kindle e-readers, and Android and iOS devices, and can be accessed with a monthly or annual subscription. But if you’re new to FreeTime Unlimited, you may be wondering how to get started and how to make the most of all the content it offers. In this guide, we’ll take a closer look at how to use Amazon FreeTime Unlimited and provide some tips and tricks for getting the most out of this service.
Benefits of the Amazon Kids+ Service
Are you looking for a convenient way to keep track of your family’s activities and control what your children access? The Amazon Kids+ service has a lot to offer, and it could be just the thing you’re looking for. Here’s what you need to know about the benefits of the Amazon Kids+ service:
- Access to Alexa Skills
The Amazon Kids+ service grants immediate access to thousands of voice-controlled Alexa skills tailored specifically for kids. These skills range from educational games that can help children learn while they play, to activities that can help them hone their critical thinking abilities or develop important social skills.
- Content Parental Controls
The content in the Amazon Kids+ library is strictly monitored and filtered by age ratings so as not to expose your child to inappropriate material. You can easily control who sees what with device-specific settings, profiles, and content categories for each member of your family.
- Comprehensive Family Profiles
Creating comprehensive family profiles makes it easy for parents, kids, and teens all under one roof can create their own unique profiles with their own settings, content preferences, administrative tools and personalization options.
- Personalized Media Profiles
For kids and teens wanting personalized media profiles on their devices specifically made up of their favourite Bible characters, musicians, athletes and more! They’ll have an expansive selection of books & music tailored just for them!
- Unlimited Access to Kindle Books
Your children will never run out of books to read with unlimited access Your children will never run out of books available in the popular Kindle app with Amazon’s Prime Reading feature lets you borrow dozens of age-appropriate eBooks without any additional fees or limits!
- Kid Safe Web Browser
Amazon offers a kid-safe web browser that keeps your children safe from potential dangers online such as adult-oriented sites or malicious websites that produce unauthorized content. This feature is also beneficial when it comes to tracking websites visited (and blocking what needs to be blocked).
How to Set Up an Amazon Kids+ Account: A Step-by-Step Guide
Setting up an Amazon Kids+ (formerly known as Amazon FreeTime Unlimited) account is a straightforward process. Here are the steps you can follow to get started:
- Sign up for Amazon Kids+: To use Amazon Kids+, you need to have a subscription. You can sign up for a monthly or annual subscription by visiting the Amazon Kids+ website.
- Create a child profile: Once you have signed up for the service, you can create a profile for your child. To do this, log in to your Amazon account and select the “Amazon Kids” or “Amazon FreeTime” option from the menu. Follow the prompts to set up your child’s profile, including their name, age, and gender.
- Choose content for your child: After you have created your child’s profile, you can select the content they can access. Amazon Kids+ offers a vast library of age-appropriate books, videos, games, and apps, and you can choose which ones your child can access based on their age and interests.
- Set parental controls: Amazon Kids+ also allows you to set parental controls to ensure your child is using the service safely and responsibly. You can limit your child’s screen time each day, block certain types of content, and set a password to stop them from making purchases without your permission.
- Download the Amazon Kids+ app: To access Amazon Kids+ on a compatible device, you will need to download the Amazon Kids+ app. The app is available for Fire tablets, Fire TVs, Kindle e-readers, and Android and iOS devices.
Once you have completed these steps, your child can start using Amazon Kids+ to access a wide range of age-appropriate content. Keep in mind that you will need to manage your child’s account and content settings regularly to ensure they continue to have a safe and enjoyable experience using the service.
How to Access Amazon kid+ Content on Different Devices?
Amazon Kids+, which used to be called Amazon FreeTime Unlimited, is available on Fire tablets, Fire TVs, Kindle e-readers, and Android and iOS devices. Here’s how to access Amazon Kids+ content on different devices:
- Fire tablets: If you have a Fire tablet, you can access Amazon Kids+ by swiping down from the top of the screen and selecting the “Amazon Kids+” option. This will launch the Amazon Kids+ app, where your child can access the content, you have selected for them.
- Fire TV: To use Amazon Kids+ on a Fire TV, go to the Amazon Kids+ app on your home screen or download it from the Amazon Appstore. Once you have launched the app, your child can access the content you have selected for them.
- Kindle e-readers: Some Kindle e-readers, like the Kindle Kids Edition, come with Amazon Kids+.To access the service, you will need to sign into your Amazon account and select the “Amazon Kids” or “Amazon FreeTime” option from the menu.
- Android and iOS devices: To access Amazon Kids+ on an Android or iOS device, you will need to download the Amazon Kids+ app from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store. Once you have installed the app, your child can access the content you have selected for them.
Keep in mind that you will need to set up a child profile and select the content your child can access before they can use Amazon Kids+ on any device. You can also manage your child’s account and content settings from any device with an internet connection by logging in to your Amazon account and choosing “Amazon Kids” or “Amazon FreeTime” from the menu.
Features of Amazon FreeTime Unlimited
Amazon Kids+ (formerly known as Amazon FreeTime Unlimited) is a subscription service designed for children aged 3-12 years old. The service offers a variety of features that make it a popular choice among parents looking for safe and age-appropriate content for their kids. Here are some of the key features of Amazon Kids+:
- Unlimited access to content: With Amazon Kids+, your child has access to thousands of books, videos, games, and apps, all curated for their age range and interests. This gives them a wealth of entertainment and educational options to choose from.
- Parental controls: Amazon Kids+ has strong parental controls that let you limit your child’s screen time each day, keep them from seeing certain types of content and set a password to stop them from making purchases without your permission.
- Personalized profiles: You can create a personalised profile for each of your children, including their name, age, and gender. This ensures that they have access to content that is appropriate for their age range and interests.
- Ad-free experience: Amazon Kids+ is an ad-free service, which means that your child won’t be bombarded with distracting or inappropriate ads while they’re using it.
- Access on multiple devices: You can use Amazon Kids+ on a variety of devices, including Fire tablets, Fire TVs, Kindle e-readers, and Android and iOS devices. This makes it easy for your child to access their content on the device of their choice.
- Premium content: Amazon Kids+ has premium content from well-known brands like Disney, Nickelodeon, and Sesame Street, so your child can watch and learn from high-quality, entertaining content.
- Learn First: Amazon Kids+ offers a feature called “Learn First,” which allows you to block access to entertainment content until educational goals are met. This encourages your child to prioritise their learning while still enjoying the entertainment options available on the service.
Overall, Amazon Kids+ is a full subscription service that gives parents peace of mind that their kids are accessing safe, age-appropriate content.
Getting Help with Amazon Kids+: Troubleshooting Tips and Support Options
If you’re having trouble with Amazon Kids+ or need help, you can contact Amazon’s customer service team for troubleshooting and help. Here’s how you can ask for support:
- Visit Amazon’s customer support website: Go to the Amazon Help & Customer Service website and select the “Contact Us” option at the bottom of the page.
- Choose your issue: Select the issue you are experiencing with Amazon Kids+ from the list of options provided. This could include issues with logging in, downloading content, or managing parental controls.
- Select a contact method: You can choose to either have Amazon’s customer support team call you, email you, or initiate a live chat with you. Choose the option that works best for you.
- Provide details: Once you have selected your contact method, provide as much detail as possible about the issue you are experiencing. This may include error messages, the device you are using, and the steps you have already taken to try and resolve the issue.
- Work with the support team: Amazon’s customer support team will work with you to troubleshoot the issue and provide a resolution. They may ask you to provide additional information or try different troubleshooting steps, so be sure to follow their instructions closely.
If you prefer, you can also contact Amazon’s customer support team by phone. To do so, go to the Amazon Help & Customer Service website and select the “Contact Us” option. From there, you can choose to have Amazon call you, and a customer support representative will be in touch with you shortly.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How To Cancel Amazon Kids Plus?
To cancel Amazon Kids+, follow these steps:
- Go to the Amazon website and sign into your account.
- Click on the “Account & Lists” tab in the upper right corner of the homepage.
- Select “Memberships & Subscriptions” from the drop-down menu.
- Look for “Amazon Kids+” on the list of subscriptions and click on “Manage Subscription.”
- Click on “Cancel Subscription” and follow the prompts to confirm the cancellation.
Note: If you cancel your Amazon Kids+ subscription before the end of the current billing cycle, you will still have access to the service until the end of that period. Also, if you cancel within the first 30 days of signing up, you can receive a full refund.
How Much Is the Amazon Kids Plus Subscription?
The cost of an Amazon Kids+ subscription is £3.99 per month for Prime members or £38.00 per year for Prime members in the UK. However, pricing may vary depending on your location and the current promotions offered by Amazon. It’s always a good idea to check the Amazon website for the most up-to-date pricing information.
Can We Access Amazon Kids Plus Offline?
Yes, you can access Amazon Kids+ content offline. Amazon Kids+ allows you to download select movies, TV shows, books, and games to your device for offline viewing and reading. To download content for offline use, simply open the Amazon Kids+ app on your device, select the content you want to download and follow the prompts to download it to your device. Once the content is downloaded, you can access it without an internet connection, which is particularly useful when travelling or in areas without internet access. Please note that not all content is available for download, and downloaded content may have an expiration date, after which you will need to connect to the internet to renew access.
This comprehensive guide will teach you how to use Amazon Freetime Unlimited/Amazon Kids+ to provide your children with safe and age-appropriate content on Amazon devices. Amazon Freetime Unlimited or Amazon Kids+ is a great service for parents who want to give their kids safe and age-appropriate content on Amazon devices. With a vast library of books, videos, and games, parents can customise their child’s experience and set limits on screen time usage. The setup process is straightforward, and the user interface is easy to navigate. Additionally, Amazon Kids+ offers a 30-day free trial, making it easy for parents to try it out before committing to a subscription. By following the steps outlined in this guide, parents can get the most out of Amazon Kids+ and ensure their child’s digital safety and enjoyment.